The Benefits of Pay-Per-Click Advertising
It’s no secret that advertising – especially these days, digital advertising – is the cornerstone of business success. Drumming up leads and conversions has never been more reliant on a robust digital marketing campaign. A popular component of which has been pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. In 2017 alone, more than 7 million advertisers invested a whopping $10.01 billion into PPC ads. Clearly there’s something to this method. Here we’ll go into the long and short of what businesses stand to gain from this hot ad technique.
What is PPC advertising?
First, some preliminaries. What is PPC? Simply put, PCC is a digital marketing model where businesses place their ads on search engines or social networks (mainly) and pay a fee for every time the ad is clicked. It’s an easy and quick way to buy visits to your website. Just consider that 80% of businesses use Google Ads as part of their PPC campaign, and the Google display campaigns reach over 90% of global internet users.
Benefits of PPC advertising
As a business yet to venture into the world of PPC advertising, it’s only natural to be at least a bit skeptical. Here are some statistics that might give you the reassurance you’re looking for.
Reach, Visibility and Return on Investment
- 65% of consumers click PPC ads (Wordlead, 2021)
- 70% of mobile customers call the business as a result of mobile ads (Power Traffick, 2019)
- 21% of Facebook PPC ads lead to conversions (SerpWatch, 2020)
- Google Ads generate an average ROI of 200% – $2 return for every $1 spent! (SmallBizGenius, 2021)
- PPC ads boost brand awareness by an average of 80% (SmallBizGenius, 2021)
- Users who click on PPC ads are 50% more likely to make a purchase than organic visitors (Unbounce, 2012)
The Customer’s POV
- 90% of users see Google ads (Power Traffick, 2019)
- 53% of PPCs come from mobile devices (Techjury, 2022)
- Around 60% of users click on PPC mobile ads (with 20% making a purchase, each week) (Business Wire, 2018)
- 65% of PPCs include buyer intent keyword such as “buy”, “cheap” and “shop” (Power Traffick, 2019)
- 75% of people confess that PPC ads made it easier to find what they were looking for (Clutch)
How much does PPC cost?
- Small Australian businesses are on average paying between AUD$5k and $15k per month on Google ads PPC advertising – between $7 and $30 per click (webapex)
- Facebook PPC ads average a cost of around AUD$2.40 per click, across all industries, globally (AIAD, 2021)
Starting a PPC ad campaign
While it might be tempting to set up an in-house PPC team, this doesn’t always guarantee effective results. The time and resources that it can take to train your digital marketing team from scratch, or even hiring PPC talent and setting up a dedicated in-house team can prove costly. Most of the time it really pays to outsource and hire a digital consultancy firm who are experts in this type of digital advertising. PPC advertising is an involved process after all, from the keyword selection to measuring ad impressions, which is why leaving it to the professionals can be your best chance for success.
March 7, 2022