25 Web Design Statistics of 2022
We’re not even a quarter of the way into 2022 and the web design statistics are in. Why does that matter? Well, if you’re a business, these data is nothing short of a gold mine of valuable market insights that could potentially form the bedrock of your brand’s next digital marketing campaign. So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
- 92.6% of internet users use their mobiles for the internet
- 50% of consumers believe that businesses should prioritize their web design
- 75% of users say they judge a company’s credibility by its website design
- $200-$500: the average cost of building a website using a premade template
- $1000-$9000: the average cost of building a website using a custom template
- 88.5% of web designers cite slow loading time as the top reason why visitors leave a website
- 36% of customers click on the brand logo to reach the homepage
- 38% of visitors will stop using a website if the layout of the content is unattractive
- 23% of retail businesses don’t have a website
- 89% of customers went to a competitor after a poor user experience
- 47% of users expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less
- 48% of visitors say that if a brand’s website is not mobile-friendly, they will think that the business doesn’t care
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a business’s website if the image take too long to load
- 51% of visitors believe that “thorough contact information” is the most important element missing from company websites
- 44% of visitors will leave a business’s website if there is no contact information of phone number
- 47% of visitors look at a busines’’s products or services page before looking at the rest of the site
- The web design services industry in Australia is expected to grow by 1.7% in 2022, with a current market size of $1.2 billion
- 70% of small business sites don’t have a Call To Action on their homepage
- 94% of negative website feedback is design related
- 22% of marketers claim to be ahead of the curve in respect to responsive website design
- Visitors, on average, only read about 20% of words on a webpage
- Websites that have scannable text score 47% better on usability
- 91% of consumers are more likely to shop from businesses who remember and provide offers and recommendations that’s relevant to them
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website
- 94% of first impressions are related to website design
So there you have it, the latest numbers and figures from the web design data trove of 2022.
And as you might have picked up on, there are a few themes that are well worth some consideration for businesses, going forward. The most pressing of which seems to be curating a seamless UX, lest your brand miss out on a bevy of potential customers.
Though creating a coherent UX, as well as taking care of all the other aspects of web development, is not a walk in the park. With the success of your business on the line, you don’t want to take any chances. Exactly why hiring a team of expert web developers from a Sydney web design agency is a near-surefire way of guaranteeing your brand comes out on top with a unique, fast-working, mobile-friendly web design. After all, no brand wants to be a bad statistic.
March 13, 2022